School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Office: Colin McLaurin Building T.03
(Link to departmental website coming soon)
Areas of research interest:
Mathematical aspects of materials science: mathematical and numerical analysis as well as numerical simulations of
- atomistic modelling of fracture and other crystal defects,
- bottom-up approaches to near-crack-tip plasticity,
- bottom-up approaches to grain boundaries,
- geometric modelling of polycrystaline materials,
- defect nucleation as a bifurcation phenomenon,
- uncertainty quantification for interatomic potentials.
Optimal Transport theory: entropic regularisation of (unbalanced) optimal transport and associated gradient flows, efficient computation of anisotropic power diagrams.